Ok, so.
I once was in denial about Girl Talk. My friends can attest to this fact, after one heated argument that escalated into some weird angry silences amongst a few of us at a dinner table in Philadelphia. I stood firmly behind my persistent claims that Greg Gillis, also known as Girl Talk, and arguably the most famous DJ in the United States and perhaps even the world at this time, has "absolutely no talent at all and is only copying and pasting the original artwork of REAL singers, songwriters, and musicians and shouldn't be called an 'artist' by any means of the word". Well, my friends presented a more open-minded and progressive view of Girl Talk's music, and fought long and hard and - much to my chagrine - won the battle by asking me "what makes you think that YOU have the right to decide what art is, and that his version of musical composition isn't real music?"
I was silenced.
Hence, my decision to post this video, which is my way of retracting any previous discrediting of Girl Talk's mission.
No comments:
Post a Comment