Tuesday, May 18, 2010




I haven't been writing much lately, and I feel guilty.
Right now I'm preparing for a summer-long excursion to Asia, and all I can think about is how excited I am to have the time to write, and write, and write...

I graduated on Sunday. It was one of the best days of my life- not because it was the token "graduation day" that we all imagine for ourselves when we're young - although it felt just like the movies with the cap, gown, flowers, emotions, and many photos taken, but because it brought together all of the people that I love- and every one of them was smiling at me.
I gave a speech at Philadelphia University's commencement. It was well-received and I honestly couldn't have asked for a better way to end my college experience - I felt more comfortable on that stage speaking to my peers than I ever have in my entire life. I was honored to be the one to speak to all of my classmates as a whole and to let them know how powerful they all are and will continue to be during their lifetimes. I have met some extremely exceptional people during my time at Philadelphia University, and they have all left an impression upon me that will never fade.
It is sad to see such a special period of my life ending, but its also overwhelming to think of all the great things to come.
Right now, what more could I possibly ask for?

P.S. The Nikon D-90 graduation gift contributed to the best-day-of-my life feeling, too. :)




1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Jillian. Wish I had been there to see you graduate...you deserved an amazing day and glad you got it. Look forward to reading all of the tales from your travels...and the wonderful images that you will take with your new D90. To quote Jacques Henri Lartigue "photography is catching a moment which is passing, and which is true".

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails