Thursday, February 25, 2010

Random.



The snow has descended upon us yet again (with the possibility of up to 7 inches), I've got a stack of books THIS high that need tackling, my aching back has been in a constant state of disrepair, I'm having bad thoughts about the real world, and my taste in music is waning as nothing good has yet to hit my ears in a while (besides my sisters' tunes, of course).
Not to mention, I bought an entire head of cabbage and have now been having nightmares of the entire thing spoiling before I get a chance to eat it.
Unnecessary neuroticism.

On a good note, my eating habits are on the up, after being brainwashed (in a good way) by Michael Pollan's In Defense of Food I can now confidently say that I have no desire to eat anything other than real "food". There are millions of things that constitute as non-food and a much smaller assortment of REAL foods, so weeding out the fake from the delicious/wholesome/healthful is quite a task.

In other news, the 90 day mark has come and gone. Regarding what, you ask?
My excursion...adventure...escapade...transient hiatus from reality...whatever you want to call it...to Thailand. Yes folks, that is correct, I'm taking what is sure to be a life-altering and mind-blowing trip to the one and only land of the originators of that delectable dish called Pad Thai. Just kidding, that isn't the only thing they are famous for ;)

To conclude my rambling, I have to go catch the 8:03 train to Philadelphia for a day of interning.

Ciao for now.
-J

*p.s. The above photo has absolutely nothing to do with the subject of this post. I just think its great.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails