København is turning me into a meat lover.
If you've never tried a traditional Danish frankfurter, you haven't lived. I don't know what they put it these delicious concoctions...but lets just say I've been too busy scoping out street food carts to stay inside blogging about them. The frankfurter is served steaming hot sandwiched between a warm bun and topped with fried onions, regular onions, seasoned pickles, mustard, ketchup, and some other sauce that I assume is their coveted version of crack because it makes me want to lick all of my fingers for extra globs of it.
As if it comes as a surprise, I love it here. I'm with my two best friends and we're loving exploring this picturesque city together.
The people here are known for their quiet demeanors, happy dispositions, and relaxed way of life. It isn't a stereotype. Everyone is polite, nobody steals, and people really do leave their babies in prams outside on the street. Not to mention they are so healthy because of the amount of bike riding they do here - automobiles account for only 12% of all transportation! I took part in this adorable phenonemon by renting a bike yesterday and making use of the wide bicycles lanes they provide alonsgside the cars. We even get our own stoplights! I've also been making good use of the buses and metro. I can use the same clip card for the water taxi and regional train too. This is my kind of city!
photos by moi
No comments:
Post a Comment