









Photographs taken by the extremely talented Juan Patino during our winter trip to Paris 2009.
Patino isn't just any other photographer. A good camera can allow just about anyone to take a decent photo, but it takes someone with an appreciation for the individual, the integrity of the moment, and the importance of perception to capture the true essence of an object in a picture. I have watched Juan take thousands of photos and he never wastes time on something he doesn't find intriguing. He finds luminosity and sensuality in the most innocent subjects, and possesses the skills to frame the object of his attention in its most beautiful state. I've been lucky enough to have been his subject him many times, and I am always startled by the difference between what I expected the photo to look like and what he captured on his camera. His eye is tremendously sophisticated and notably unique.
Hey Jillian, I adore your blog, and the photos you post in here.
ReplyDeleteyou're really creative!
my name is Julia, I'm seventeen and i'm from brasil :)
you can call me a big fan!
xoxo
p.s.: i dont have a blog so you can't reply me :(