Tomorrow will be my last first day of school ever. Strange, because I feel as though I've got so much left to learn, but that is because most of which I do not know cannot be taught inside an academic building.
Therefore, the next four months will be the last period of my life where I am certain of the next four months of my life. Never again will I have a set path of guidelines so clearly laid out that I am expected to follow to achieve said results. Come May, I will be free to conduct my life by trial and error with large portions of space left for interruptions, detours, and mistakes. Knowing myself and my obsession with perfectionism I will do all I can to minimize the mishaps and increase the productivity of my youth, but there is something so finite about being a college graduate. We are released from all exception and favoritism in the eyes of others. Society no longer cares whether I want to party or get stoned or skip a class. It demands productivity. Whether or not our college careers have prepared us for this moment of truth is to be determined, but I'm more than happy to step off this ledge (because that is what it is, a steep, shaky ledge beyond which lies only darkness) and find out what I am made of. Au revoir, youth.
I thnk you shouldn't say goodbye to your youth, because, in my conception, we can always be young, it all depends of ourselves...
ReplyDeletewhile you are saying goodbye to your college, I'm fighting to start, I finished school last year, and it was very sad, I thought the same: my last first day in school...and I have the REAL last day. I'll study law... I like fashion or designer but here in my country this isn't a good profession because people doesn't consider this a profession, you know?
and this is because my dream is live in Rome, or London...
but so far I'll study law... I like it too!
Sorry, I talk too much haahah i dont even know if you will read all of this..
and sorry about my english too, I know I'm no good :(
- Julia