Sunday, December 13, 2009

Wow. So I just watched Julie and Julia, the movie starring Meryl Streep and Amy Adams. It's about two women connected by an undeniable love for cooking and the urge to turn their dreams into butter-coated realities. Basically, I'm in love with Julia Child, I'm freshly obsessed with food, and I suddenly know that nothing, and I mean nothing, is impossible. Everyone likes to make life seem so hard, but its not. If you follow your gut, heart, beliefs - whatever - you'll accomplish something. And accomplishing something, even the smallest most insignificant thing, feels so darn good.
I started this blog in the summer of 2009, and to be honest it hasn't lead me anywhere spectacular. I've spent time sharing my thoughts and inspirations with whoever is out there, and I haven't really gotten anything back (besides those amazing comments from my loyal readers - I adore you) but I can't tell you how interesting it is to be able to share a slice of my life with whoever is reading. There is something so self-absorbed and introverted about a blog, but I think all of us deserve a little selfishness every now and then. So I'm probably going to just keep writing and sharing and hoping that this is significant to someone, somewhere, besides me.
So, from my computer to yours, in the words of Julia Child, I'd like to say Bon Appetit (to all areas of your life).

P.S. I really want to share my Christmas purchases with all of you, but obviously I can't do that because then all of those lucky recipients would find out what they're getting! Perhaps after New Years...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails