
I saw Obama on GQ today, and for some reason it made me very irritated. Priorities....?
I also drove through the first blizzard of winter to King of Prussia mall to exchange some clothes at J.Crew and Macy's. What a bad idea. It took me 20 minutes to park, the mall was extremely crowded, and my fellow shoppers had zero awareness of those around them;I nearly got knocked down a few times. I survived the madness, and on my way out I stopped to watch Santa grant a few Christmas wishes.
It brought back memories of my sisters and I putting on our green and red holiday sweaters and corduroy jumpers to have our picture taken with Santa Claus. Mom and Dad had us believing in good ole Saint Nick longer than most kids, which I am really happy about, because I got to spend a great many years laying in bed on Christmas Eve with my stomach doing flip-flops in anticipation of the next morning. I remember waking up in the middle of the night one year to the sound of something similar to reindeer hooves landing on our roof. My little sister and I both heard it, and immediately pulled our covers over our heads and frantically forced ourselves back to sleep, because Santa wouldn't leave us anything if we were awake!
Just another reason why being a kid is awesome.
Also, Jackie's scarf is finished, and she looks adorable. She wore it all day and kept telling me how cozy and comfy it is. I've already had new requests from two other friends - I can't wait to make some more of these!
My first customer is happy!
xoxo
i am so excited/nostalgic this x-mas, i dont know if its cuz i think graduating makes me feel like an ACTUAL adult and I'm not ready for it yet or what, but similar to your reindeer hooves story, my parents had me believing in Santa til i was too old by doing things like stamping hoof prints in the snow in our yard and leaving santa trails of tinsel from the chimney to our tree etc...i think i tried to catch him in the act until the 4th grade when i realized my annual requests of a photo of him with the missus were always conveniently avoided
ReplyDelete