Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Fantasy Land


Sorry to jump on the Where-the-Wild-Things-Are-obsession bandwagon, but I thought this was pretty darn cool. Booooooom.com (that is seven o's, ladies and gents) has created a "Where the Wild Things Are" Fort Contest, asking participants to create their own fort out of whatever materials they choose (sticks, blankets, cardboard, wood, tinfoil, clothes, etc.) and send a photo of it to the website. The chosen fort-builder wins a "Wild Things" Edition XBOX, and while I have no interest in video games I think the whole idea is clever and fun. I may do it just for an excuse to build a fort. The freedom to build a fort without being seen as weird is yet another reason why being a kid was so much better than being an adult.
Check out this photo series by Kelly Burgess for some ideas. She asked people to build a fort and fill it with things they love. The results are fantastic.






via (booooooom)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails