My Labor Day Weekend started off at Silk City on Wednesday night and continued at Sugar Moms last night. Both are really neat bars/clubs in Philadelphia.
When we showed up at Silk at 10 p.m. the dance floor was empty and there was not a DJ in sight, but by the time we headed home at 2 a.m. I couldn't separate my own feet from the five people surrounding me, it was that crowded. Basically, the whole night was a lot of fun. A diner mixed in with a dance club, not to mention $2 PBR's...what could be better?
Last night was First Friday in Philly so a bunch of us scoped out the street art, open galleries, furniture boutiques, and exhibits going on in Olde City. I was surprised by how diverse and eclectic the range of art was and also how well-executed the entire thing was. My favorite things were the $2 John Denver LP I spotted in a really cool music store, and the Ben Volta canvases featured at the Pentimenti gallery. My ignorance was realized when I discovered Philadelphia actually had a significant amount of cultural influence to offer.
No comments:
Post a Comment